Last week our craft club, McKinney Marthas, met up for some fun to paint plates with chalkboard paint. I hung mine in the kitchen and plan to write what's for supper each day. If you haven't seen a tutorial online yet, these plates are so easy to make! And pretty cute if I do say so myself.
You will need:
- a plate (duh!)
- chalkboard paint
- a sponge brush
- sandpaper (preferably medium grit)
- a piece of chalk
1. Sand the center of your plate to "rough it up."
2. Brush off dust.
3. Paint two thin coats (letting each dry thoroughly) in the center of your plate. We were in a time crunch and used a hairdryer to between coats.
4. Wait three full days. Then rub a piece of chalk over the entire painted surface.
5. Wipe clean with a wet paper towel.
6. Start using your cute new plate! You can hang it like mine or set it on an easel. You could also use chalkboard paint for the top of a play table for your kiddos.
Here are some pics from our fun night :)