I first fell in love with Ikea nine years ago when my freshman roomate at Wake Forest unpacked the cutest duvet cover I had ever seen. My top bunk bed was so sad in comparison. The following year we bought matchy matchy duvet covers for our dorm room. And let me tell you, it looked super cute.
My Iove affair didn't stop there. Oh, no friends. It didn't. Hubby and I have invested in desks, bookshelves, a cubby for the playroom, a rug for the dining room, craft storage boxes, frames, curtain rods, candles, plates, and wine glasses over the last five years. That's a lot of Ikea. We've been impressed with the price:quality relationship. Our desks look new and they have half a decade worth of wear. Especially mine which is used entirely for crafting.
Dear Ikea, here is a list of things I love about you:
1. Your divinely engineered carts that turn on a dime. Why can't my grocery store drink your magic shopping cart juice?
2. $6.99 sleek black curtain rods with finials. I just hung them in my family room and they look great.
3. Cute and cheap $2.99 fabric by the yard.
4. Easiest assembly ever. No words, just pictures. Glorious.
5. Your website. Clean and easy to read.
6. $1 ice cream cones. Mmmm...
7. You live so close to me. I can get to you in 15 minutes.
8. Gargantuan elevators that easily fit strollers, carts, kids, and barrels of Swedish meatballs.
9. The "scan items yourself" checkout aisle. I like to pretend I'm a cashier. Plus the beeping sound is fun.
10. I enjoy how you charge customers for a bag to carry stuff home. Way to encourage people to go green!
Thank you, Ikea. I will love you forever.
So, what do you think? What are some of your favorite things about Ikea?