I finished my drapes last night for the family room and kitchen. I found the fabric for $6/yd and it's silk! I was lucky that Joann's had just enough for this project. I used lightweight, inexpensive black out lining because I didn't want sheers.
The color of the silk isn't showing up true for some reason. The drapes aren't really gold, they're more of a neutralish brown.
The rods are from Ikea. The short ones were $6.99 and the long ones were $9.99.
If you're been thinking about making panels of your own but have been hesitant, don't be!! Here's a super, foolproof tutorial. I didn't use the twill tape, FYI. Didn't want to spend the extra time sewing it on. The only other thing I did differently was to add small pleats at the top to give the drapes a little more body.
Still need to do something with that back door but haven't decided exactly what yet. I don't want to block much light and it doesn't need to be functional.
And this is the valence I made for over the kitchen sink:
Thanks for looking!