It's late at night and I can't sleep, so I decided to write 25 random facts, habits, or goals about me. If you are bored and actually get to the end, I'll be impressed! :)
1. I met my husband Brad, on the first day of summer school after my freshman year. I was home from Wake Forest University and we both were taking a calculus class at the University of North Texas. I fell for him right away. I went back to Wake for the fall semester and then transferred to UNT. It was the best decision I ever made :) I learned where you are is not nearly as important as who you're with.
2. I am super goal-oriented and when I get a "to-do" list in my head, I obsess. I graduated college in three years and had my masters degree in counseling psychology by the time I was 23.
3. I always double knot my shoe laces.
4. I think the invention of Diet Coke was pure genius.
5. In the sixth grade I wanted to be shorter. For a whole week I walked around school in a lunge-like stance thinking no one would notice and feeling certain I wouldn't stick out. Apparently, I was wrong. My teacher sent me to the nurse to make sure nothing was physically wrong with me. Oops. Although I have learned to embrace my height (5'11"), you still won't see me in heels!
6. Which leads me to #6. Flip flops are my best friend. Thankfully I get to wear them a ton here in Texas :)
7. I started to sew after Kate was born (2006). A major reason I love it is relatively morbid. I have a fear of death. I can't think of anything worse than not being with Brad or my daughters. If something were to happen to me, I find comfort in knowing the girls will be able to wrap themselves in a quilt or cuddle with a soft toy I lovingly made, just for them. Sounds silly, I know. But it makes sense to me.
8. On a lighter note, I could live on watermelon, salmon sashimi, miso soup, and seaweed salad. Well, if only the budget would allow :) I can't wait to eat salmon sashimi once Baby Garlando gets here!
9. Speaking of... Baby Garlando will be evicted in two days if she doesn't make her move first. I can't wait to see Kate as a big sister.
10. I like to-do lists. No, no. I love to-do lists. Sometimes I write silly, measly things on my to-do lists such as "brush teeth" or "take shower" (like I'd forget?) just in order to cross them off.
11. I have a sick obsession with a Tetris-like game on my iphone. I have wasted an immeasurable amount of time on the darn thing.
12. I would rather do your taxes than dance in public. It may have something to do with the fact that I cannot hear or feel a beat to save my life.
13. When I turned 18, I decided to be rebellious and get a tattoo. Except my parents really didn't care or make a big deal out of it, so it was not nearly as "rebellious" as I had planned. Also, I didn't like the tattoo very much (a janky-looking black cross on my left shoulder). So, I went to a different tattoo artist to have him make it into something new. Unfortunately, the new design looked a bit too much like a swastika for my taste and I freaked. Which leads us to tattoo artist #3 who assured me that adding color to the swastika-esque design would eliminate any confusion. It ended up looking like a big circular, pink and green watermelon. Lovely. My dear parents paid for me to have it lasered off and after about 10 treatments, you can barely see it. Stupid, stupid decision to get a tattoo. I don't mind them on others (love the show Miami Ink), but I just got it to get it. I am still self-conscious about wearing spaghetti strap shirts because you can kind of see it.
14. I have dyed my hair every color and have had pretty much every haircut conceivable. As of today (emphasis on "today"), I'm attempting a more natural look and am trying to grow it out.
15. I like sudoku. A lot.
16. I have had meningitis, shingles, and a seizure (not at the same time).
17. I am clumsy. I often run into things and have inexplicable bruises.
18. Every night I put a glass of ice water on my bedside table even though it's usually full in the morning.
19. I have DES. That's "dry eye syndrome," people. Brad makes fun of me and my lubricating eye drops.
20. I love flowers and gardening but I'm terrible at it. I guess you really do have to water things to keep them alive or something. The only thing I've been able to keep living for an extended period of time is an ivy plant my in-laws gave me four years ago.
21. I broke my wrist snowboarding. Well, not so much "snowboarding" as exiting the ski lift at the top of the mountain. Whoops! Please refer to #17.
22. I can't stand the smell of bananas that are too ripe.
23. I have worn a size 10 shoe since 7th grade I think?
24. I have never been able to do a cartwheel.
25. I love to crank up the hot water in the shower as far as it will go. If my skin isn't red when I get out, it was too chilly for me!