In anticipation of Baby #2, we recently pulled out Kate's old Baby Bjorn. I noticed it's a bit faded and well, drabby looking. I looked online and you can buy a Bjorn cover if you want to shell out big bucks. Or... you could make one yourself and save lots of $$. I'll show you how :)
This cover will fit all Baby Bjorn® carriers, the Evenflo Snugli® Carrier, Jeep® 2 in 1 Baby Carrier, and the Infantino® Euro Rider Soft Baby Carrier.
2. Find the center points (lengthwise) of the carrier and trace onto posterboard. Add 3/4" seam allowance (dotted line) around pattern. Be sure NOT to add seam allowance to the middle line (this will be our fold line).
4. Fold edges 5 edges 1/4" on wrong side of fabric. Fold again 1/4" and stitch close to the fold line.
5. Place both pieces right sides together. Pin and serge/sew using a 1/2" seam allowance. Remember not sew over areas you just top stitched!! If you sew, be sure to finish the edges with a zigzag or overcast stitch.
6. Turn right side out. Press. Insert baby carrier body. Reattach straps.
(edited to add this picture, as Sara Paige was not born yet when I made this!)
* This carrier cover would look really cute with a pocket, monogram, ruffle, or ric-rac! Go crazy :)