Sassy is my brand-spanking new Janome Memory Craft 6600P sewing/quilting machine that I received for Christmas and OH MY GOODNESS, she rocks!!! I have been sewing on a Huskystar 219 which works perfectly fine for basic piecing but gets a little wonky for heavy duty sewing.
Here are a few of my favorite things about the 6600:
- a knee lifter that raises the presser foot
- an automatic bobbin winder
- an automatic needle threader
- 13 included presser feet
- an easy to understand user manual
- custom stitch programming
- pretty much any decorative stitch you could dream of (patchwork, applique, quilting, etc.)
- twin needle sewing (i don't know why i need this, but i'm sure i do!)
- pretty green lcd display
Of course I had to play with my sewing machine before we left, so last night I made Kate a scoodie (scarf/hoodie combo) to keep her ears and neck toasty. Plus, it was a great test run of the sewing machine!